The Utopian- A rEvolutionary Blog

In the halls of academia researchers are often more concerned about protecting their intellectual property than publishing the truth. Blogging offers a way to respect previous research, mine the information glut, and quickly publish the results. This blog is an experiment in gathering, documenting, associating, and presenting important information about human evolution using only a browser, the internet, and copy/paste techniques. These are not "my" words. I am only the editor.

Name:
Location: United States

I have a BS degree in Wildlife from O.S.U. but most of my education comes from self study. I don't watch much TV because I don't think subjecting myself to all the materialistic and social propaganda is healthy. You can't view the world clearly if you put blinders on. My conclusions about the literature I cite on this website will be confined to the comments section. Please read those comments if you want to see the insights I have gained from my personal study. An interesting thing happened when I began this experiment. I discovered that bolding the important points of the research I was citing produced a rough summary of the information I could scan quickly, and also provided a easily referenced outline I could use to associate data from different sources using multiple browser windows. This led to a number of personal insights. Learning how to use blogs to data mine effectively can contribute greatly to the spread of global knowledge, and reduce the "information glut" that has accumulated.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Scientist Warning to Humanity

Human beings and the natural world are on a collision course. Human activities inflict harsh and often irreversible damage on the environment and on critical resources. If not checked, many of our current practices put at serious risk the future that we wish for human society and the plant and animal kingdoms, and may so alter the living world that it will be unable to sustain life in the manner that we know. Fundamental changes are urgent if we are to avoid the collision our present course will bring about.

Our massive tampering with the world's interdependent web of life -- coupled with the environmental damage inflicted by deforestation, species loss, and climate change -- could trigger widespread adverse effects, including unpredictable collapses of critical biological systems whose interactions and dynamics we only imperfectly understand. Pressures resulting from unrestrained population growth put demands on the natural world that can overwhelm any efforts to achieve a sustainable future. If we are to halt the destruction of our environment, we must accept limits to that growth. No more than one or a few decades remain before the chance to avert the threats we now confront will be lost and the prospects for humanity immeasurably diminished.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!

I have a dog jacket and coats site. It pretty much covers ##Coats for Dogs## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

8:17 PM  
Anonymous BATH WATER FILTER.COM said...

Hi, The Utopian I've just started looking for more information for
RECOMMENDED DAILY WATER INTAKE.COM
and arrived here. OK, so this post isn't an exact fit, but I do love the great info in your blog. Great post - looking forward to reading more.

4:06 AM  
Blogger photokorea said...

Hello

I woul like to tell photo contest information on your cool blog site.


Dynamic korea

Apply 2005 Photo contestApply 2005 Photo contest

More information
click here

2:34 AM  
Blogger 阿煌 said...

笑口常開~~天天開心.........................

7:14 AM  
Blogger Defiant said...

Americans are extremely wasteful, I think the concept of recycling mostly falls on deaf ears. As the saying goes, be the change you want to see in the world.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home